Sunday, 1 April 2012

Feline

Long has it been that I have updated my blog. Many changes were taking the better part of my spare time. And now I am here to tell about the most major one. As the title already says, Feline.

Yes, we took two cats from the shelter. And this is truly a change in life and mindset. Most of my childhood I have spend surrounded by dogs. Cats were just not in my dictionary. Odd I found them, mystical and uninterested in humans. How wrong I was.

The story started when my sons cat Misko joined us for  christmasholidays and life changed rapidly. What a pure joy it was, such an interesting animal waiting to greet you in the morning. Wonderful to spend zen moments during his daynaps. Listening to funny sounds, each having its own meaning. And emptiness struck when Misko left.

 We than decided that we had enough space for two cats from the shelter and Quinn and Gara, at the age of maybe 6 months (nobody knows exactly) entered and conquered our home.

Gara

Quinn
Their beginning wasn't the easiest one, but together with the lovely people from the clinic they now have overcome all their problems. Since than it became impossible for me to follow movies or reading books. Their performance everyday has filled all my need for art. They are brilliant actors and pose everytime for taking photographs in our minds.

Gara in Dreamland...

Quinn has earned a nap:)


Two cats, two characters, the best friends for each other and for us:)


8 comments:

Star of the East said...

Love the picture where the lens is focussed on the eyebrows :)
Great that you gave them a new home!

SirliMosaic said...

Adorable cats and photos too :)

Lucie said...

Your photographs are beautiful Jetty, you've found new models! Cats are a true spectacle and I find leaving with cats bring you a kind of zen

OnePerfectDay said...

They're both beautiful little creatures!

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I can completely agree with you--that cats are beautiful creatures deserving of beautiful homes, and you have so generously agreed to let them enter your life--I love that! I will eventually get a new cat from the shelter, too. Thank you, Jetty, for your kind words...

glasfaden said...

The beginning of your story sounds very familiar to me - starting as a dog person, a cat inverted me to a cat lover too. Yet, no chance to keep any at the moment though.
Lovely photos of Gara and Quinn. Have a wonderful adventure with them!

ioana said...

Almost the same story here: we had Mitzu and he just left and then we found Kitty out there in the middle of the winter shivering and hungry...
Beautiful cats! Gara reminds me of my cat when I was a child in my parents house (we had her for 16 years)

13threads said...

Beautiful photos and adorable cats...but one little puppy is keeping me more than busy at the moment!